About Me

Self-confessed do-it-yourselfer, into anything & everything that can be built, restored, repaired, renovated...

Saturday 21 April 2012

The life & times of a Peugeot 106 1.5D

After many phone calls & searches (& several hours of my time) I finally took the plunge & removed the suspect injector pump. I've convinced myself that the pump is faulty. I've based this diagnosis on two things:
  • despite the fact that fuel is being delivered to the pump, nothing seems to be coming out of the high pressure side?
  • the car has been run on vegeatable oil & it would seem that CAV  Lucas pumps dont like that?
Anyway today I took it to Injection Developments near Canterbury & left it with them to, hopefully, find out what we're up against.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I have exactly the same problem! Checked most things I can think of, I have supply to the pump but not beyond. Stop solenoid is next to check failing that I think the veg oil may have smashed the plastic impeller lucas use so will need a rebuild. Did you find the problem with yours?

    ReplyDelete